TANANA VALLEY STATE FAIR ASSOCIATION
Job Description Form
Job Title: EVENTS COORDINATOR
Coordinates with: Operations Manager
Job Scope: Year-round to include Fair Time and Off Season
To cycle between Part time and Full time as needed
Salary: $15.00 per hour (DOE)
- Plan, promote and execute special events such as (but not limited to): The Talent Search, Senior Day Luncheon, Military Appreciation activities and Kids’ Day activities.
- Recruit, organize and manage volunteers for the special events and contests, in coordination with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Present as professional and personable when working with the general public.
- Encourage the general public to participate as needed.
- Originate, develop and carry out ideas theme related contests.
- Responsible for literature associated with special events, including handouts, flyers and signage.
- Encourage participation in the special events in a variety of ways.
- Collect and maintain a list of all special events prizes.
- Create the special events schedule and distribute it to Operations Manager.
- Reconcile all prize payouts through accounting with necessary information and W-9 if needed.
- Maintain complete detailed files on events
- Send thank you letters or notes in a timely manner.
- Ensure all special events invoices are submitted to accounting in a timely fashion.
- Ability to hire and train assistants as needed.
- Must have a genuine interest in the well-being of the Fair.
- Handle Gross Sales reporting and compilation as they pertain to events.
- Provide completed files (i.e. Budget, Evaluations) and suggestions for improvements (Wrap up report) regarding events to Operations Manager when required.
- Prepare necessary reports for annual audit as needed for events information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serve on TVSFA Committees and attend Board Meetings as requested by the Operations Manager.
- Excellent customer service
- Experience working with diverse groups of people.
- Event planning & coordination.
- Requires sense of humor, energetic personality, mature demeanor and pleasant attitude.
- Ability to orchestrate social-media-based promotions.
- Be organized and have good attention to details.
- Be a team player, self-motivated and able to work without much supervision (consistently exercise good judgment).
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Willingness to be flexible and work under intense pressure at times.
- Write newsletter selections regarding events as requested.
- Ability to organize and work effectively with others.
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task.
- Genuine interest in the TVSFA.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- High School Diploma or GED
- College Degree preferred.