TANANA VALLEY STATE FAIR ASSOCIATION
Job Description Form
Job Title: FACILITIES, GROUNDS AND MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT
Reports to:Facilities Manager
Job Scope: Year-round to include Fair Time and Off Season
To cycle between Part time and full time as needed during the year
Assists Facilities Manager in;
- Developing Procedures and policies for TVSFA facilities and grounds, including campground. Developing long range upkeep plan and schedule.
- The development and implementation of off seasons Special Events.
- Ensures all OSHA and Safety Standards are met and maintained.
- In the absence of the Facilities Manager over sees maintenance and ground crews.
- Assists with maintenance operations, buildings and grounds.
- Assists with rental usage of facilities as it pertains to use and maintenance.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Training and supervising summer maintenance staff.
- Plowing as needed in winter.
- Working with Entertainment Coordinator venue setup to ensure adequate seating for tickets sold and that fire safety codes are met.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Fire Codes and OSHA standards
- Working knowledge of general building maintenance procedures.
- General working knowledge of boiler/furnace operations.
- General working knowledge of household electricity.
- General working knowledge of small engines.
- The Tanana Valley State Fair Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)