TANANA VALLEY STATE FAIR ASSOCIATION
Job Description Form
Job Title: VENDOR COORDINATOR
Coordinates with: Operations Manager
Job Scope: Year-round to include Fair Time and Off Season
To cycle between Part time and Full time as needed
Salary: $15.00 per hour (DOE)
- Assist the public with the purchase of booth space, completion of lease agreements and payment of fees.
- Responsible for all lease agreements, maps, and all documents associated with the lease agreements.
- Coordinate lease agreement movement through office to Operations Manager, including bookkeeping.
- Maintain contract files.
- Work with Accountant to ensure that transactions are recorded accurately and that all Revenue Accounts are accurate.
- Work to maintain positive relationships with all Vendors; office liaison to Vendors and their employees. Responsible for documenting all transactions and interactions with Vendors.
- Know Lessee Rules and Regulations, policies and procedures, and implement or supervise implementation of policies as necessary.
- Work with Facilities, Grounds & Maintenance Manager to ensure Fairgrounds are staked and ready for Vendor move-in before the Fair and that the Grounds and building are cleared by Vendors after the Fair.
- Work with Facilities, Grounds & Maintenance Manager to provide accurate maps to Grounds, Security, Summer Office, First Aid, and others as needed.
- Help facilitate all meetings regarding booth space rentals or Vendors.
- Sales of vendor parking; responsible for coordinating Payment Distribution Receipts with prepaid parking and extra tickets/pass requests.
- Coordinate all mailings, informational packets, ribbons, surveys and tickets necessary for Vendors.
- Write and distribute vendor updates as requested by the Operations Manager.
- Daily Vendor Newsletter creation and distribution during the Fair.
- Coordinate Booth Theme Contest, including recruiting judges and obtaining ribbons and other prizes.
- Ability to hire and train assistants as needed.
- Must have a genuine interest in the well-being of the Fair.
- Coordinate with Security the opening and closing of Borealis Pavilion each morning and evening of the Fair.
- Handle Gross Sales reporting and compilation as they pertain to vendors.
- Provide completed files (i.e. Budget, Evaluations) and suggestions for improvements (Wrap up report) regarding vendors to Operations Manager when required.
- Prepare necessary reports for annual audit as needed for vendor information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serve on TVSFA Committees and attend Board Meetings as requested by the Operations Manager.
- Serve as liaison between Facilities, Grounds & Maintenance Manager and staff involved with vendors.
- Write newsletter selections regarding concessions as requested.
- Excellent customer service
- Experience working with diverse groups of people.
- Experience in sales, working with detailed information.
- Event planning & coordination.
- Requires sense of humor, energetic personality, mature demeanor and pleasant attitude.
- Ability to coordinate the concessions population of the Fairgrounds.
- Be organized and have good attention to details.
- Be a team player, self-motivated and able to work without much supervision (consistently exercise good judgment).
- Willingness to be flexible and work under intense pressure at times.
- High School Diploma or GED
- College Degree preferred.