Job Title: VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
Coordinates with: Operations Manager
Job Scope: Year-round to include Fair Time and Off Season
To cycle between Part time and Full time as needed
Salary: $15.00 per hour (DOE)
- Recruit and Schedule all volunteers for the fair
- Establish a viable system for logging volunteers and their hours.
- Track volunteer hours
- Work with all areas of the Fair to complete Volunteer Needs Assessment
- Compile a contact list for volunteers and keep current
- Create volunteer descriptions for
- Train volunteers for all areas within the fair
- Communicate with volunteers, supervisors and Fair Management to maximize capabilities
- Responsible for volunteer recognition
- Work with Operations Manager to ensure that expenses and income are within budget
- Work with Social Media Coordinator to orchestrate outreach as needed
- Provide completed files (i.e. Budget, Evaluations) and suggestions for improvements (Wrap up report) regarding entertainment to Operations Manager when required
- Prepare necessary reports for annual audit as needed for volunteer information
- Other duties as assigned
- Serve on TVSFA Committees and attend Board Meetings as requested by the Operations Manager
- Write newsletter selections regarding volunteers as requested
- Must have a genuine interest in the well-being of the Fair
- Excellent customer service
- Experience working with diverse groups of people.
- Event planning & coordination.
- Requires sense of humor, energetic personality, mature demeanor and pleasant attitude.
- Be organized and have good attention to details.
- Be a team player, self-motivated and able to work without much supervision (consistently exercise good judgment).
- Must be detail oriented.
- Willingness to be flexible and work under intense pressure at time.
- Write newsletter sections regarding volunteering as requested.
- Ability to organize and work effectively with others.
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task.
- Genuine interest in the TVSFA.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- High School Diploma or GED
- College Degree preferred.